Before any meeting, organize the paperwork you have. Most parents use binders where they compile all the files / records / documents / letters / evaluations, etc. they receive from the school. They usually file them in chronological order. In your file should be:
- Your child’s current records.
- Evaluations to include neurological evaluations and Child Study Team Evaluations.
- The progress report you received every quarter.
- Your child’s work samples.
- All the correspondence you sent to the school and the correspondence you received from the school.
- Meeting Notices.
- Decide if you want to hire an advocate or lawyer to escort you to the meeting if you feel you need support and someone who can better explain the process, to you.